Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Alone.





I drove home tonight

                                Alone.

I walked into a quiet, sleeping house.

I picked up the cold dinner they left for me and heated it

                                Alone.

I ate it, standing up in the kitchen

                                Alone.

It wasn't as painful as it used to be at first. I'm starting to get used to is. I don't think I'll ever be okay with being alone. I don't think the pain gets any better.

I think that most of our lives we will spend alone.

I came to that realization this year.

I stand before God         Alone.

He judges me                               alone.

The people and the things that I love

         will all be taken away from me one day.

On that day, I will die and take nothing with me.

It should not come as a surprise to me that I am sitting here typing these words and I am alone in the house that I call home.

I'm not talking to anyone.

I'm just being ALONE.

(P.S. Have you read this book, "My Many Colored Days" by Dr. Suess? I love that book so much. It is one of my all time favorites. It is a comfort to me when I am confused, but mostly when I am lonely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My quick report
Your tender rebuke
Three wise-men