Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dear Jesus...

Dear Jesus,


Of all the things I could be in love with right now, I'm in love with you.


All the boys, all the noise. I could be saving the earth. I could be leaping tall building, rocking every weekend. Seriously, think of all the time I could save for my favorite recreations if I just cut you out of me weekend altogether.


A man stopped me at school today. "Hey, girl! Have you heard about Green Peace?" Full of passion and so much energy, he told me how he was going to save the world.


I wished for one thing in that moment... I wished I could have told him how YOU saved your people 2,000 years ago.


But, I didn't.


I just smiled and walked away. What would I say, if I did say anything? How would I even start the conversation?


"Hi, I don't even know who you are. All I know is that you're from Green Peace and you want to save the world. Let me introduce you to the love of my life. He saved ME so I don't have to save the world. This world is not all there is to life. This world isn't the end. It's going to pass away one day and all there will be left is God. That's all I have in the life. What do you have?"

Do you know how hard it is to get that out of my mouth? It's a little bold, I gant that. It's probably better that I don't say everything that I'm thinking.

I want YOU to know what I'm thinking, though. I want you to know that I think your love is better than life. I want you to know that of all the things I could love right now...

I love you.

~Tina

1 comment:

My quick report
Your tender rebuke
Three wise-men